Friday, March 9, 2012
You can find some adorable blankets and snuggles over at Totsy! Most of the blankets are $11.95, but I found the pink, plush owl blanket above for just $7.95! The snuggles, like the puppy dog above, are also just $7.95! These would make great gifts if you have a baby shower coming up! These deals end in 3 days!
More cute dresses! I can't wait until my baby girl can run around in cute dresses like these! Right now you can snag these dresses for just $9.99 on Zulily. There are also a lot of cute dresses for $13.99. Grab these deals before they end on Monday morning at 6am!
I was flipping through channels today and paused on the Martha Stewart show to watch them do a little pendulum painting. I had never heard of or seen this before and I thought it was ingenious! Whether you do this with your kids or on your own, you can make colorful and unique art to decorate your home! I will paraphrase the instructions, but you can click here to read the full instructions.
NOTE: Artist Gallery Wrapped Canvases are B1G1 FREE at Michaels through Saturday!
You will need:
- 3 poles or dowels (length depends on how big you want your art to be)
- rubber feet
- plastic bottle (think water or soda bottle)
- glue nozzle
- hot glue gun
- duct tape
- hole punch
- large paper clip
- tempera paint
- measuring cup
- paper/canvas (something to paint on!)
2. Use hot glue gun to attach the glue nozzle to the mouth of the plastic bottle. Use duct tape to reinforce (don't want leaks). Cut out the bottom of the bottle.
3. You are going to punch three equidistant holes toward the bottom of the bottle. Reinforce these areas with duct tape, then punch the hole using a hole punch.
4. Thread a piece of twine through each hole, bring the three pieces together and make a loop. Put the loop around the paper clip and secure the paper clip to the top of your tripod (the glue nozzle should be at least 1 inch above the paper).
5. Mix one part tempera paint with one part water. Stir and put through a sieve to keep any clumps from clogging the nozzle. Fill the bottle with paint.
6. Open the nozzle and plug with your finger. Pull the bottle to the side and release to let it swing and paint your paper. Change the direction as desired to create your own art! When you are finished plug the nozzle with your finger and close it.
Imagine the possibilities with all the colors and patterns! I think I want to make little ones with mini tripods. I'll put up pictures when mine are done (probably not for a while until we move and I have a new place to decorate :)) Here are some pictures for inspiration:
For a limited time you can get nightgowns for $10, kids graphic tshirts for $8, and 25% off all costumes at DisneyStore.com! Adult tshirts are $12 if you can't resist getting something for yourself! :) Shipping is FREE if you spend $75 or more.
I just wanted to remind you about some FREE events this weekend!
- Babies "R" Us Expo Saturday, 12-3pm at your local Babies "R" Us! Product demos, games and prizes, giveaways, and special offers!
- Disney Store Craft Celebration Saturday, 10:30am-1pm at your local Disney Store! Kids create their own festive party hat to help celebrate Disney Store's 25th anniversary.
- FREE quart of paint at Ace Hardware Saturday while supplies last!
- Catch and Release Pond Fri-Sun, 12-5pm at Bass Pro Shops! FREE fishing, kids seminars, crafts, photo download, giveaway and more!
- Lowe's Build and Grow Clinic Saturday, 10am at your local Lowes! First 50 to sign up receive a craft kit to put together at the store! This week is a miniature carnival basketball hoop!
- Make-it Take-it Saturday, 1-5pm at Michaels! You do have to purchase the item to make the craft for this event. From 1-3pm make a Tshirt tote bag and from 3-5pm make a yarn doll.
Here's Parenting Flashcard number 6 out of 50! Check back each day to learn a new parenting term!
Today's term: gripe water
gripe wa-ter n: a folk remedy, now manufactured commercially, primarily for colic but also sometimes touted for other infant ailments, consisting of ingredients such as sodium bicarbonate, ginger, fennel, dill, chamomile, sugar, and, formerly and more effectively, alcohol - see also: snake oil, parental placebo effect, whole foods, homeopathy
used in a sentence: You like it? It's my special recipe - gripe water spiked with rum. (I admit these sentences would be better if you could see the picture on the card - two men sitting at bar)!
Have you used gripe water with your baby? I had never heard of it before!
I just received an email from pampers with two valuable coupons!
- $1/1 Pampers Swaddlers
- $0.50/1 Pampers Wipes
Also, if you haven't already, sign up for P&G Have You Tried This Yet? to get some FREE samples and coupons by mail!
Plum District is offering $20 for $40 worth of personalized baby knits from Custom Knits for Baby! You can get adorable sweaters, tshirts, blankets, layettes and more that display your kiddos name! Personalized items make great gifts as well! Oh, and these items are not just for babies. They have sizes for bigger kids as well!
Use the code address10 to get 10% off your purchase! Plus, if this is your first time making a purchase at Plum District you will get $5 off your order! That means you can get this deal for just $13!
I love these Easter Bunnies that are perfect for your yard or outdoor space and your kids are sure to love them! They inflate on their own in just a few seconds and light up at night! They come with stakes and tethers to secure them during wind and rain. You get to choose the two you want. Here are your options:
- (2) 3.8' tall bunnies $30
- (2) 7' tall bunnies $68
- (1) of each $49
I kind of had a slow start getting to the computer this morning, but there are a lot of good deals today! At Kids.Woot you can get a Sid the Science Kid 5 DVD Bundle for just $19.99 + $5 shipping! Normally one of these DVDs costs $12.99 so this is a huge savings! The 5 DVDs you will get are:
- The Bug Club with Bonus Front Row Club
- Sid's Sense-ational Adventures
- The Ruler of Thumb
- Feeling Good Inside and Out
- Gizmos and Gadgets